Tuesday 12 August 2008

Texas Takes Lagos (Volume 2)

Photo; Johannas and I having a terrible time in Babylon.

Photo; Dave works hard rolling roll-ups, not rolling paint onto the yacht.



Ten days later, more than 200 hours spent on Anasus' hull I even found a little time to attend to the hull of a German girl by the name of Eva, however, when she asked
"What shall I cook for dinner tonight darling?"
Multi-media Texas Pete was gone!!!

Had to attend to other more pressing matters.

My Skipper, The Doc, was due back from Southampton the following night, The Good Lady Fisher had been simply a place to rest and eat for the duration of the works in hand and needed some interior attention herself, surfaces need to be polished prior to The Return of The Doc!

Anasu needed just 'one more push' to finish before the increasing heat dried her completely and left her as a pile of old bones.


Photo; Anasu after priming

Besides, after 10 days of bad coffee from the machine in the boatyard, I had just found the button that provided a long strong sweet cappucino for 40 European centimes.
I had far more pressing engagements than getting engaged to the lovely Eva, no matter how handsome was her transom.


Photo; Varying Degrees of Completion


Photo; Dave puts His fag out and applies the finishing touches, I did the rest!


At last came the morning of the launch, I was late!!!
After a hedonistic night of undying passion

I eventually freed myself from the Germanic talons and was late for the re-launching of Anasu.
Only 5 minutes too late but GODDAMN.

Dave was already steering Anasu back round to the Marina where I met up with him and apologisingly celebrated with a big fry-up and pint in the Lazy Jacks Bar.

The Doc returned to a clean Lady Fisher, Dave payed up the balance for my work,

Our next move was to Alvor a short way down the coast,

My next move , while I had the cash in my pocket, was to book a flight home to the Marriage of Mr. Chris Rolfe and Ms Claire Hill.

Alvor was beautiful, but after waking on the yacht, a dinghy to town, a bus to the railway station, a train to another town another bus to the Airport.

With Three clicks of my Ruby Red DCSHOECOMPANY heels,

Multi-media Portugeezer Texas Painting Pete was flying home

No comments: